Basic nail care tips
Basic nail care is important for your nails in which you need to use some basic nail care tips in order to get healthy, neat and strong nails. Basic nail care also includes some simple step for keeping your hands healthy because healthy nails are always found on healthy hands. Well-kept hands, with neat, clean and healthy nails, are a pleasure to behold. Here are some simple tips that you can follow on a regular basis:
Basic nail care tips:
If your nails are soft then soak them in warm olive oil for about 20 minutes to make them hard, repeat this process on alternate days.
- Make a diet menu by including Silica, Vitamin B (especially B5) and MSM (Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane) rich foods.
- Quit your nail biting habit because it is very bad for the health of your nails as well as the cuticles.
- Use a good quality hand cream or lotion after washing your hand or after bath. This is because soap makes the nails dry and brittle
- Wear a nail polish, or at least the colorless base coat, as much as you can.
Nail polish application tips:
- In order to make your nails more resistant to water, use a good quality nail polish or a clear nail hardener.
- Nail polish aids in providing a protective layer for your nails.
- Prepare your nails before applying nail polish means-
- Clean them.
- Buff them.
- Trim them.
- File them.
- These actions will give you a smooth surface and now, you can show your art.
- Do not forget to apply a base coat. Both base coat and top coat will lengthen the life of the polish on your nails, which means lengthening the days before your subject them to the harsh chemicals contained in nail polish remover.
For removing stains from your nails, make a mixture by mixing 1 tablespoon of lemon juice + a cup of water, soak your nails in this liquid for a few minutes. Now, wash your hand with warm water and apply a good quality hand moisturizer.
What about cuticle?
-Avoid removing cuticle from your nails because this action will make the nail susceptible to infection.
- Use a good quality cuticle oil.
- Gently push back your cuticle with the help of an orangewood stick.
Some important basic nail care tips:
- Avoid using acetone based polish removers. Use polish remover once a week.
- Avoid using nail polish too frequently, be gentle to your nails leave them without polish for a few days. Otherwise, they will develop an ugly, yellow tint.
- For natural sheen, rub petroleum jelly on your nails and then buff them, with the help of a soft cloth.
- In order to avoid nails splitting and breaking, always file your nails when you are already wearing a polish.
- Eat a healthy diet and go for foods rich in calcium and protein as they can help promote healthy and strong nails. Biotin and Vitamin E, both are essential for healthy nails and hair.
- Protect your nails from harsh chemicals, therefore, use rubber gloves while working with detergents.
- To maintain a proper blood flow in your fingers, massage your nails with hand cream.